San Jose Whole House Surge Protectors
Here to Provide You with Surge Protection
Dalcon Electric provides residents with a surge protector. Contact us today and schedule a surge protection installation.
What is Surge Protection?
A power surge usually occurs after a power outage, when power companies make sudden adjustments to electricity or when appliances are turned on after shutting down. During these events, surplus electricity may flow through your home. Because most houses possess more technology than ever before, they may not be able to withstand the sudden burst of excess electricity. Power surges are a leading cause of damaged electronic devices.
Power surges are commonplace in all homes, but the destruction they cause to today’s electronics could cost you electronic repairs and replacements. Whole house surge protection covers your entire home, giving your electronics an extra layer of security and extending their life.
Do I Need A Power Surge Protector?
We recommend installing surge protection in your home to save time, money and headaches. Options for partial surge protection exist, but if you possess many electronics and appliances, whole house protection will keep your entire home protected.
Power surges are unpredictable and can cause irreparable damage to your electronic devices if your home is not prepared to withstand them. Therefore, you should install whole house surge protection for the following reasons:
- Keep your entire house and all your electronics protected from power surges.
- Ensure the safety and functionality of your household appliances during surges.
- Regulate and eliminate excess power supply to a suitable and efficient level.
How Do Surge Protectors Work?
Power surges usually happen during thunderstorms, downed powerlines in neighborhoods and other outside electrical conditions outside of anyone’s control. During a power surge, a sudden increase of voltage (or electrical pressure) blasts through electrical systems unexpectedly and overwhelms their capacity.
With a surge protector, sudden voltage blasts are detected before they can do any damage. The surge protector mitigates the power surge by blocking and redirecting the voltage down your home’s grounding wires.
Redirecting the excess power to your grounding wires allows your electronics and appliances to function correctly and keep them safe after an electrical event.
Whole House Surge Protector Benefits
Though partial or single-use surge protection exists, it can’t provide the high level of security and efficiency of whole house surge protection. Here’s why our electrical experts recommend investing in complete surge protection for your home, devices and family:
- Safety: Power surges pose a threat to your devices, home and family. Unrestrained voltage surges may cause electronic device damage such as blown fuses, fried electronics, data loss and device memory loss. Further, power outages set up conditions for fire hazards which could destroy your home and livelihood. Surge protectors mitigate power bursts to keep you safe.
- Inexpensive Installation: If you’re concerned about the cost of installing and maintaining surge protection, have no fear. Surge protection is usually affordable and budget-friendly. Power surge protectors prevent damage from occurring in the first place, and they’re more cost-effective than spending your money on electronic device repairs or replacements. Surge protection is the best long-term cost solution.
- Complete Coverage: Whole house surge protection provides coverage for the inside and outside your home. Covering your entire home will protect your small and large devices and your electric outlets, light switches and power switches. Whole house surge protection is among the wisest investments you can make, and it will keep your entire home protected for your peace of mind.
Devices Power Surges Can Damage or Destroy
Many homeowners believe surge protection is unnecessary and costly. However, power surges can completely destroy devices and appliances by frying their parts and destroying or erasing their data. Surge protection is a long-term and cost-effective solution that keeps your devices safe and secure during the worst electrical events.
Here’s what our surge protection covers
- Security systems
- Stereos and televisions
- Printers and fax machines
- Microwaves and refrigerators
Why Choose Us
Most of our clients are repeat customers who can attest to our quality, and they come back for every follow-up service. Our licensed, bonded and insured team provides a free inspection for every job, ensuring problems are detected before we start. Our customer price approval allows you to solidify your quote before starting our work. We’re on call 24/7 in case you need an emergency service. Feel free to call us at any time.
Schedule an Appointment Today!