Certified Copalum Aluminum Wiring Repair
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), fires and even
deaths have resulted from hazardous aluminum wiring installed in homes
between 1965 and the mid-1970s. CPSC research shows that “homes
wired with aluminum wire manufactured before 1972 are 55 times more likely
to have one or more connections reach ‘Fire Hazard Conditions’
than are homes wired with copper.”
The CPSC recommends only two solutions to resolve this aluminum safety
issue. One solution is to replace all of your house wiring with copper.
This can be difficult and prohibitively expensive. Fortunately, the CPSC
recommends a second approach which is considerably more affordable –
installation of COPALUM connectors.
Installing COPALUM connectors involves “cold-welding” short
lengths of copper wire to the aluminum wires by using specialized high-pressure
tools to create a permanent bond.
The installation of COPALUM connectors can only be done by electricians
certified in this type of repair. Our company is certified in the COPALUM
repair method and can offer this service to you.
If you think your home may have been wired with unsafe aluminum wires you
can call us any time for a home wiring evaluation. Should our electrician
determine that your home has aluminum wiring, he will be able to advise
you as to the condition of your home wiring and about making the necessary
Dalcon Electric is a Certified Copalum Contractor
With that you get the following:
- Every junction box is treated with the COPALUM crimping process-every accessible
outlet, switch and light fixture box.
- Electric Service Panels are treated by tightening all connections and treating
- Every device is replaced with a current up-to-code device in your choice
of color (toggle switches/outlets are standard).
- Decora switches and outlets are available as an upgrade for a small extra fee.
- New GFCI outlets are installed wherever code requires (kitchen, bathrooms,
garage, porch/deck, landscape).
- New owner-supplied fixtures are hung, if desired, in place of re-hanging
current/outdated fixtures (complicated assembly requires a fee).